Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Fun Weekend

So this past Friday Andre’s cousin Kayeloni came down to the Springs and we had ourselves some adventure. We went to a place called Itz down by the movie theatre on Powers and North Carefree. I wasn’t really sure what to expect and was a little worried it would be for young kids. It turned out to be a good mix, it is very similar to Dave and Busters but with a pizza buffet.

We each paid 20$ which included unlimited soda, pizza, pasta, salad, desert, and one hour of unlimited playtime for the games. I was incredibly lucky and won the jackpot on like five different machines, which left me with like a bazillion tickets. At first I was excited about what I could get with the tickets, but I ended up walking out of the prize store with a penguin on a stick.

It was fun, I would do it again.

Saturday we woke up and went miniature golfing. It was blazing hot, we all felt like we were melting, but it was still fun. We went to Hitt’s Mini Golf, which is a great deal it’s only two bucks per game, all day every day (just remember to bring cash). Andre beat everyone badly. (We are pretty sure he practices mini golf while everyone is sleeping).
Because of the heat we only played one game, and then decided to go swimming at Villa. However, as soon as I had changed into my swim suit the weather dropped a good 40 degrees and it was raining.

We then decided to go rock climbing at Sport Climbing Center. I was once an avid climber but in recent years gravity has gotten the best of me. Anyways, Kayeloni had never been and I am trying to get someone to climbing at Garden of the Gods with me so I wanted her to try it out. She did good, but definitely has a fear of heights just like the rest of the Johnson’s (excluding myself). Pierre and Andre would make great climbers if they could get over the whole vertigo thing.

Anyhoot we all had an awesome time, and I’m hoping to get a climbing pass to sport climbing center some time this summer ;)

I have two videos. One of mini golfing, and one of rock climbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment