Sunday, June 13, 2010

Horseback Riding 6/11/2010




Friday I woke up early ( 6 AM ☹ ) to go horseback riding. I had not been in a while because Angela (the person with the horses) had hurt her back a few months ago. I met Angela on Craigslist a few years ago and had originally started taking riding lessons from her, when I stopped she started inviting me on trail rides which has been awesome.

Angela has three horses and a pony along with a trailer to haul them around in, so we have been riding all over Colorado. Friday we went to a local trail in Black Forest that is about 5 miles in length. I rode Comet, which is her white Arabian, she rode Seirra who is a mix of Draft horse, her 9 year old daughter rode the Pony/Horse Emit, and Jackie rode the Quarter Horse/Appaloosa mix Seattle.

It was a lot of fun; I had really missed riding and was glad to be back on the trail again. After the first time around Angela and her daughter Alexia stopped at the trailer to take care of some of the horses, but Jackie and I took Comet and Sierra out on the trail again. We made great time, trotting and cantering most of the way so the loop did not take us long.

I tried getting some pictures and video of riding but it was pretty difficult. I got some footage of trotting and walking but I couldn’t get any of cantering because I probably would have died trying. I did manage to make a video, but some parts are a bit shaky and you might get seasick watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment